Monday, January 27, 2014

My Recipe for Banana-Raisins Pancake



I cooked my first banana/raisins pancake the other day. I cooked this pancake recipe when I saw one banana getting over ripe in the kitchen counter and a box of raisins just setting in our pantry. I followed the instruction in the box, but modify the amount of water( milk in this recipe) because of the banana.

Procedure: Mixed 2 cups pancake mix( Hungry Jack), 1 cup milk and 2 eggs in a bowl. Mixed thoroughly. Add about a spoon full of raisins and one slice over ripe banana. Mixed thoroughly mashing the banana. Scoop a big spoonful or two of the mix in a flat electric skillet set at medium heat. Do not forget to add a little cooking oil in the flat pan. Turn the pancake as soon as one side is brown. In 15 minutes I had 14 six inches banana-raisins pancake for my wife and my breakfast. Easy and Fast.

Again, I can not believe, I can cook excellent pancakes without any sweat. Serve with bacon and brewed Baracco coffee from the Philippines. You can add butter or syrup or powdered sugar in your pancake if you wish. I feel accomplished with this recipe which turned out to be very delicious and very moist because of the banana. I have a friend who used dried and sweetened cranberries instead of the raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...